What is Truffle Butter?
It is a rare food compound that is primarily used to flavor dishes. As the name faintly suggests, this product involves butter and truffle as the main ingredient. It may excite you to know that the FDA has okayed this product for human consumption as it meets all safety standards.
Currently, we divide this compound into 2 major types, namely.
A) White Truffle Butter
B) Black Truffle Butter
i) White Truffle Butter
It is a flavorful delicacy that chefs use to add flavor to their dishes. More often than not, this delicacy suits specific foods like risottos, chicken, and fish. It contains multiple nutrients like:
- Vitamin A
ii) Black Truffle Butter
It is a nutty delicacy made from butter and truffle oil. Interestingly, you only need black truffles and fresh butter to make this delicacy. It’s more reasonable to store it in a well-adjusted refrigerator for preservation purposes.
Where To Buy Truffle Butter?
If you want to buy truffle butter then check out online & offline stores. Because it sells this high-quality butter at a budget-friendly rate. You can check out the following stores for buying truffle butter:
Better still, you can purchase from the nearest store. In most cases, sellers set the price of a 3.5 ounce at $7-$8.50.
How To Make Truffle Butter?
Surprisingly, anyone can make this butter at home in a few steps. Let’s discuss steps on how to make:
- Add 5 tablespoons of truffle oil to a stainless-steel bowl
- Take white or black butter to the bowl that contains truffle oil.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of salt for seasoning purposes
- Scoop the mixture onto a plastic wrapping paper.
- Roll the mixture to form a log-like truffle butter.
- Add it to your dish or refrigerate it for future use.
Secret Ingredients To Make Truffle Butter More Delicious
In all probability, you may be doubting whether truffle is healthy for you. For this reason, we’ll disclose some of the top ingredients manufacturers use.
- Truffle Oil
5 Mouth-Watering Truffle Butter Recipes
Let’s shift our focus to a truffle butter recipe. Here are the Best 5 Recipes we mentioned.
1. Truffle Butter with Mushroom
Mushroom with butter has to be the most appetizing meal you’ll ever have. You’ll not only like the sweet-smelling aroma but also the smooth texture.
- Olive oil
- Table salt
- White wine
- Clean your mushrooms and slice them into small sizes
- Boil some water in a stainless-steel pot and add some salt and stir
- Heat some olive oil in a clean stainless-steel broiler pan
- Add your mushrooms and white wine to the saute pan and stir uniformly.
- Add your aromatized garlic and let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Take some water and the truffle butter into pan and let the mixture soften.
- Serve your food and enjoy it with your friends and or relatives.
2. Mashed Potatoes With Truffle Butter
- White truffle butter
- Truffle salt
- Black pepper
- Peel your potatoes and chop them into 1.5-inch chunks.
- Clean the potatoes thoroughly and put them in a stainless saucepan
- Add water to the saucepan containing the chopped potatoes
- Let the potatoes simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Drain the boiling water once the potatoes cook.
- Melt your white truffle butter in another saucepan.
- Add the melted butter to the hot potatoes before you beat them.
- Mash the cooked potatoes using a mixer and add 0.5 teaspoon salt.
3. Scrambled Eggs with Truffle Butter
No doubt it is the most nutritious food that suits your breakfast. It contains vital nutrients such as:
- Vitamin C
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- Truffle Butter
- Crack your eggs into a well-cleaned stainless steel saucepan
- Melt some truffle butter, and salt and whisk it thoroughly.
- Cook the mixture at a medium temperature.
- Garnish the eggs with chives and serve the food.
4. Mushroom With The Twist Of White Truffle Butter
- Olive oil
- Truffle Butter
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a clean saucepan
- Broil some rice
- Chop your onions and fry them in the saucepan.
- Pour your wine into the mixture and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Wash and slice your mushrooms into uniform sizes.
- Add the mushroom to the rice and let the mixture cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add the cooked rice to another saucepan containing melted truffle butter and mix it properly
- Serve the food.
5. Filet Mignon Sandwich With White Truffle Butter
It is the most time-saving dish ever tried. You can prepare this dish in under 30 minutes.
Fascinatingly, this meal guarantees specific nutrients such as:
- Vitamin C
- Energy-giving nutrients
- Truffle Oil & Butter
- Ground pepper
- Truffle salt
- Juicy filet mignon
- Preheat your spotless stainless steel grill pan
- Season your filet mignon with enough salt
- Grill your filet mignon at a temperature of 125 degrees Celsius
- Chop the grilled filet mignon on a clean chopping board
- Slice your baguette into 0.5-inch chunks
- Apply some butter to a few slices of bread
- Put a sliced filet mignon piece of each slice of bread
- Sprinkle some salt and enjoy your meal
What is Truffle Salt?
Truffle salt is a popular product made by mixing truffle and salt. The beauty of this seasoning is that it’s gluten-free and hence poses no health danger. You can use it to season your eggs, vegetables, or chicken.
Health Benefits of Eating Truffle Butter
Recently due to many health benefits, it has become more popular. Here are some of the proven benefits of consuming it.
A) Helps To Eliminate Cancerous Cells
It remains the surest source of high-quality antioxidants. Examples of these oxidants are gallic acid, and vitamin C. These substances help kill any cancerous cells in your body system. Amazingly, these elements can equally help in alleviating inflammation in the body over time.
B) Kills Harmful Bacteria
This food is a powerful antimicrobial that impedes the growth of dangerous bacteria in the body. Studies show that this food can reduce bacterial growth by at least 66 % or more. Consequently, this type of butter helps to keep the consumer healthy.
C) Has Multiple Nutrients
Truffle contains countless nutrients such as:
- Vitamin C
- Fatty Acids
The human body desperately requires these minerals to repair tissues and strengthen bones. Nutrients like fatty acids boost both eye and brain health.
D) Boosts Heart Health
Unfortunately, over 12% of people with heart-related conditions lose their lives in the long run. Therefore, it’s shrewd to improve your cardiac health by all means necessary. Luckily for us all, this butter reduces one’s cholesterol levels and alleviates blood vessel strain.
E) Enhances Blood Circulation
Blood expert doctors say that truffle has a compelling anticoagulant capability. Therefore, it helps to prevent blood clotting that would otherwise impede proper blood circulation. In consequence of that, it prevents life-threatening conditions such as heart attacks.
F) Enhances Skin Health
We know that manufacturers make their products from truffle oil. Fortunately for the consumers, this oil contains crucial fatty acid that hydrates the skin. Some consumers opt to melt the butter and apply it to their skin. That’s not a good idea as it may trigger severe skin irritation.
G) Helps On Lose Excessive Weight
Since the product contains truffle oil, it takes time to be digested in the stomach. As a result, it helps to keep one’s appetite in check. Reduced hunger helps one slowly reduce excessive weight over a reasonable time duration.
A study showed over 180 people regained their body weight in less than 36 months. Curiously, this butter lowers one’s ghrelin levels, hence stabilizing one’s appetite level.
1. Are there side effects of overeating truffle butter?
Yes, they are! Health professionals strongly discourage people from over-consuming this type of butter. This delicacy can trigger severe side effects like:
- Stomach pain
- Skin irritation
2. I am diabetic. Does truffle butter pose any health danger to me?
No, it doesn’t! Funny enough, it will help alleviate your suffering. As you know this delicacy contains truffles that contain antioxidants like vitamin C. These compounds fight against any free radicals in your body thus preventing cell damage.
3. Which is better white or black truffle butter?
In all honesty, there’s nothing that makes either of these products better than the other. It all depends on the consumer’s color preference. However, experts say that white butter is ideal for seasoning fish and chicken.
4. Can i use truffle butter and truffle oil interchangeably?
Yes, you can! Both butter and oil serve the same purpose of flavoring food. However, truffle oil is ideal for finishing your cooking in time.
5. What should i consider when buying truffle butter?
Consumers have a responsibility to consider some factors to buy the right product. Below is a detailed list of vital considerations to keep in mind lest you jeopardize your health.
- Expiration Dates: unfortunately, we still have unscrupulous dealers that sell expired products. If you consume such a product, you’re likely to experience some adverse health complications.
- Authenticity: we hate to burst your bubble but not all butter products are genuine. That being the case, you must verify the product before you spend your well-earned money.
- Dealer: don’t buy truffle oil or butter from random vendors on the streets. Instead, it’s more prudent to buy it from esteemed online stores. Although you’ll spend more, you can rest assured you’re getting a safe delicacy for your family.
- Price: buyers can’t afford to close their eyes to this fundamental factor. Sadly, unscrupulous butter vendors over-price their products to rake in more profits.100 grams of this butter will cost you a minimum of $7.
6. Which foods can i season with truffle butter?
Thankfully, butter goes well with a wide variety of foods. For example, you can add this delicacy to foods such as:
- French fries
- Rabbit meat
- Mashed potatoes
7. How long can refrigerated truffle butter last before going bad?
Technically, this seasoning can last between 1 to 2 weeks before it gets spoiled. However, the product can last longer if you freeze it instead. Shockingly, frozen white or black truffle butter can stay fresh for 2-3 months. Therefore, you can buy it and freeze it for home use for as long as 3 months.
8. I prefer my truffle butter soft. Can i let it thaw at room temperature a little?
Yes, you can! Refrigerated butter can be quite hard especially if you want to apply it to your bread. Therefore, you can let it soften for a while before it goes bad. Experts say that butter can stay at room temperature for 120 minutes before it goes bad.
9. Which dishes go well with truffle butter?
In all honesty, this butter goes well with specific dishes. Below is a list of some of these mouth-watering meals.
- Mashed potatoes
All health experts can vouch for truffle butter, owing to its breathtaking nutritional value. Studies show that it has anti-cancer, anti-inflammation, and anti-microbial capability on the consumer’s body. Therefore, this delicacy doesn’t qualify to be categorized as a luxury as it’s fundamental.